4.17.2008

Road trip: Goodbye Florida

We really did do it. We really did leave Florida. And we're never going back.

(all the pictures get huge if you click on them)
On Monday the truck showed up, two guys loaded all our stuff and the truck went away. On Tuesday, we finished the house sale, cleaned the house for the new owners, turned in our cable box and made one last stop at the Betty Lane Thrift Store.

We thought that it would take us all day to do that stuff but we breezed through it and hit the road. This is the main road/bridge out of Clearwater -- over to Tampa and the major freeway.

There are 30 pages in our handy little TripTik. On Tuesday we flew through 3 of them.

Our only desire was to drive and drive and drive until we were out of the state.

And that's exactly what we did. I wanted to stop the car and kiss the red Georgia clay. Instead, we quietly left Florida behind.

7 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

Safe travels!!! ; )

JessTrev said...

Oh my gosh, that's *so exciting*! Have a great journey, and yes, a safe one. Can't wait to hear about the Pacific NW. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I cried when I left California. I cried when I left Oregon for a vacation. And then I cried when I left California again.

Slayde said...

Congratulations many times over! You guys will have a great trip, I'm sure, and I can't wait to see you in May!

Jeff said...

Yay! Road Trip!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your good wishes. We are having a fun (and safe) trip. We love being together, talking all day long in the car, making jokes, finding out new things, and so on.

It's a wonderful experience, like being let out of jail.

More later.

bekbek said...

My experience crossing the same state border in the same direction usually involves a few tears; I love visiting Florida and have not been thrilled with Georgia. But of course, the next time I head across that border in the opposite direction, I’ll be en route to my new home and my new office, with lots of little lizards in the yard, and a very nice lawn to mow. Thank Kimball for the advice about the lawn mower! And thank you for leaving the toilet paper! ~cheeky grin~

I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to take you guys out for that drink and some pool like we talked about when we met you. Maybe some day…

Have a safe journey, and don't hesitate to give us a shout. I am certain you have our address!

Becky